Following the serious terrorist attack in a shopping mall in Nairobi in 2013, serious deficiencies were identified in the response and co-ordination of the security response. BGS was engaged as key consultants for the development of a multi agency command and control suite to manage such incidents in the future.
Summary of Scope of Nairobi and Mombasa Safer City Implementations:
- Command and Control System – including Command and Control Incident Management, Geographic Information System, Resource Management System, Automatic Resource Location
- Automatic Number Plate Recognition System, FAQ and Contingency Planning System
- Integrated Video Management System (IVMS) – including System Control and Management, Digital Recording and Archiving, Video Analytics, Video Walls and Control Systems.
- Communication Infrastructure – including Multimedia Capability, Base Stations, Handsets, Vehicle St and Fixed Desktop Sets.
- Field Equipment – including Strategic Surveillance Locations, Surveillance of Public Places, Surveillance of Intersections, Surveillance of Highways, Surveillance of Iconic Buildings /
- Camera installation – Security, Power and Connectivity.
- Integration Services – integrating new infrastructure with legacy systems to provide seamless access to information at the point where it’s needed.
- Implementation and Fit-out – including Data Centre fit-out, Structured Cabling, Furniture and Desktop as well as system integration and testing.
- Concept of Operations: Target Operating Model, Scope of Services, Organisation Design, Operational Roles and support structures.
- Processes and SOPs: Contract Support Officers, Operational Support Officers, Critical Incident Support Officers, Supervisions, Shift and Centre Managers and Gold, Silver and Bronze Command roles.
- Training: Command Centre Staff and Field officer and supervisors.
- Business Change Support: Migration to new services and work practices, multi-agency working,
- Performance Management Framework
- Scope of functions,
- Architectural Design
- Civil works
The project was successfully delivered and the command centre is now operational